Re: Timeout of User Session

From: Daniel Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 15:02:12 GMT

SAP J2EE wrote:

> Hi, can you say me how to change timeout of user sessions on Oracle 8i.

Do you mean it is timing out and you don't want it to or that it is not timing out and you want it to?

Assuming it is timing out and you want that to stop likely you will need to go to the DBA and explain to them why the profile assigned to you is not working.

And if that is why you are timing out then I will tell you what I would say to someone that asked me to do it: No! Timing out idle sessions is done intentionally in the interest of security. If you've been idle long enough to time out you should have disconnected. A profile time out is the DBAs way of enforcing that.

Daniel Morgan Received on Thu May 23 2002 - 10:02:12 CDT