Re: Grants for Views

From: Anthony Hogan <anon_at_spain.es>
Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 13:02:08 +0000

No. These roles are not sufficient to do this. There are a few points to consider in this model. In order for a user to create/view/delete views he must have privileges on the base objects. If these have not been predefined you could end up with a user who has create any view, drop any view and select any table privileges - not a good idea!

The best way to do what you need is to create a stored procedure as user 2 and use this to create the view and grant the necessary delete/select privileges to user 1. User 1 then only needs execute privileges on the procedure. This of course assumes that user 2 has the necessary privileges to create the view.

As a matter of interest; why do you need to create the view in another schema?

hth
Anthony Hogan
ahogan-nospam-_at_iespana.es