Re: JOB will not start at defined time !

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_oracle.com>
Date: 22 May 2002 05:35:23 -0700

In article <3CEB8ECF.3080005_at_WPM-Ingenieure.de>, Armin says...

>Hi Newsgroup,
>I have a JOB in a JOB-Queue and it will not start at defined time.
>If I start the JOB with " dbms_job.run(<jobnumber>); "
>the JOB works fine and the new starttime is set in the JOB-Queue.
>But at the the new starttime nothing happens,WHY.......????
>
>Is there a switch or parameter in ORACLE ?
>
>ALTER SYSTEM DISABLE RESTRICTED SESSION is done.
>
>What went wrong.... i donīt know....
>I feel so helpless.......

have you set the init.ora parameters

job_queue_processes
job_queue_interval

?

do you do a commit after scheduling the job (the job will not run for the first time until you commit)

--
Thomas Kyte (tkyte@oracle.com)             http://asktom.oracle.com/