Perform Cross Tab on Table

From: Ian Waterman <ian_waterman_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 22 May 2002 00:39:51 -0700

I have a three column table, col 1 Unique ID, col 2 Date Type col3 Date.
Each unique Id has can have upto 3 different date types. I need to convert data for the unique Id into a single row. ie
Col 1 Unique ID, col 2 Datetyp1, col3 date1, col4 datetype2, col5 date2, col6 datetype 3, col7 date3.

Can anyone let me have or give pointers to the SQL statement to achieve this ? Further complication is that not all dates are populated so the resulting view or table must be able to accept Nulls.

Thanks in advance, I am a beginner with SQL.

Ian Waterman
ian_waterman_at_hotmail.com Received on Wed May 22 2002 - 02:39:51 CDT