Re: HELP: How do I get started???

From: Kai Bohli <kaiboe_at_online.no>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 19:08:11 GMT

Hi Brian

I have a simular case, except that I'll use Delphi for accessing Oracle. At first I though in the way you did - just chage the middle layer, and it would work great. The first 2 chapters of "Expert One-To-One Oracle" by Thomas Kyte convinced me that I was wrong. So go get the book. It's not for Oracle beginners, like me, but points out some very important issues that needs to be taken into consideration before you even start thinking about your project.

Otherwise, I not been able to find any Oracle-book written for developers. Those I've seen has concentrated on the DBA role. If anyone can point me in the right direction, I'll be grateful.

> - I am a single developer developing a Java servlet-based web application.
> - I want to port it to Oracle. I think I only need the database and a
>driver to test with.

Best wishes
Kai Bohli
kaiboe_at_online.no
Norway Received on Tue May 21 2002 - 14:08:11 CDT