Stored procedures reacts different to different users

From: mrkrister <mrkrister_at_yahoo.se>
Date: 21 May 2002 01:06:35 -0700

Hi,

In my application I need to find out which tables the application owns. So I wrote a Stored procedure to do this. The essence of the SP is as below:

OPEN rsGetAllTables FOR

        SELECT table_name, tablespace_name from all_tables;
        WHERE tablespace_name = 'DEVUSR';
RETURN ''; The problem is that I have two users, one developer and one for the application. When I run this stored proc as the development user, I get all the table names. But when the application calls this SP, nothing is returned.

Shouldn't the result from an SP always be the same, regardless of which user calls the procedure? How come this stored procedure reacts differently depending on which user is logged in

The tables are created by the user DEVUSR. I am using VB6, Oracle8i and OO40

Hope someone can give me a hint on what the problem is.

Tia
mrKrister Received on Tue May 21 2002 - 03:06:35 CDT