Re: HELP: How do I get started???

From: Galen Boyer <galendboyer_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 20 May 2002 21:09:13 -0500

On Mon, 20 May 2002, brian_at_leach.com wrote:

> - I am a single developer developing a Java servlet-based web
> - application. I want to port it to Oracle. I think I only need the
> - database and a
> driver to test with.
> - My customer will be responsible for buying Oracle; I'd rather not
> be a
> reseller if I don't have to.
>
> What is the most inexpensive way for me to get this done? Do I need
> to join the partner program? Do I need to become a reseller? Or, can
> I just buy the eprsonal edition and do the port and be done?

I'm throwing this out to the community, because I could be wrong and someone here would probably know, but I always thought you could develop to your heart's content against a downloaded Enterprise Edition of Oracle, but if your product were to be sold, Oracle would need to be purchased.

--
Galen deForest Boyer