Floating point precision

From: D. Alvarado <laredotornado_at_zipmail.com>
Date: 20 May 2002 15:00:56 -0700

Hello,

   I have a question about floating point precision. Basically when I get floating point numbers from a table, I only want to see precision up to the third number after the decimal (the thousandth position). So my question is: is it possible to create a table with a floating point datatype with no more than 3 post-deciaml digits worth of accuracy (I discovered FLOAT(3) doesn't work)? Barring this, is there a way to display my floating point numbers so that I only get 3 post-decimal digits worth of accuracy?

Thanks in advance, Dave A. Received on Mon May 20 2002 - 17:00:56 CDT