plsql programmatic alternative to desc <table_name>

From: Mark <mark.hamlin_at_artdigital.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 20 May 2002 16:54:35 +0100

I want forms constructed dynamically from table defenitions. Is there a programmatic alternative to SQL*Plus desc command. For starters I want field lengths to constrain form input.

If possible I would also like to find out column names so I can dynamically create the entire form given a table name. Being able to index the columns by number is very useful in this area (is it possible?).

Many thanks,
Mark Received on Mon May 20 2002 - 10:54:35 CDT