Re: Help on using host in sqlplus.

From: Matt <shrekreturn_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 19 May 2002 17:21:46 -0700

> Why not simply place the multiline script in an OS file
> and then just HOST out single command which will run this script?
>
> HTH & YMMV
That will work.

Still, I can not believe the script in that book does not work. The book has a very good review in amazon. The script I was interested in basically probes the database and generates a neat little script to be

used for hot backup. It looks so cool. Guess it is too neat to work. I
think I just go back to my old script. A sql script with 10 OS command
files is not a right way to do backup.

Thanks. Received on Sun May 19 2002 - 19:21:46 CDT