Re: PLSQL: sending email method?

From: David Simpson <dsimpson_at_dotcomsolutionsinc.net>
Date: Sun, 19 May 2002 22:47:08 GMT

David,
Here is an example of a plsql procedure which sends email from the database if there is a problem with an Advanced Replication setup: http://www.dotcomsolutionsinc.net/products/repgen/repgen_example_repcheck_md ef1.html

This procedure requires an Oracle 8.1.6 database version (or higher), in order to make use of the UTL_SMTP package from Oracle.

Another method which could be used is to not use the Oracle database to send the email directly. The following Perl program queries primary and standby databases and makes use of the Mail::Sendmail Perl module to send an email if the standby database is not keeping up with the Primary database: http://www.dotcomsolutionsinc.net/products/installgen/installgen_win901_79_. html

You may download a demo version of Repgen or Installgen in order to create the same demo scripts you see on the web site. You can then modify these scripts for your own use if you like:
http://www.dotcomsolutionsinc.net/downloads/demo_software/index.html

David Simpson