Re: Increasing JavaPool / SGA

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 19 May 2002 20:55:24 +0100

I think Jeremy Russell is correct, Oracle 9i picks up the spfile if you do a default install (which I guess you have since your instance name is ORCL).

It is a little unsafe to give advice on making changes without very careful investigation, as there are a couple of quirks in spfile usage in 9.0.1, but

  1. You may be able to shut the database, rename the spfile (which will be in $ORACLE_HOME/dbs and have a name including the instance name), and restart to have Oracle pick up the init.ora file.
  2. You could alter system set jave_pool_size=150000000 scope=spfile and restart the system to modify the spfile value for the java pool before restarting.

DO NOT try hacking the spfile with an editor.

--
Jonathan Lewis
http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk

Author of:

Next Seminar - Australia - July/August

Host to The Co-Operative Oracle Users' FAQ