Oracle on Mandrake 8.2

From: Nicolas Bronke <bronke_at_gmx.net>
Date: Sun, 19 May 2002 11:57:20 +0200

I want to install a test-database on a linux - system (only testing - learning the principles).
The OS is Linux Mandrake 8.2 and Oracle is 8.1.7.0.1

I did it with the same database release a year ago on a mandrake 8.0 system. it worked okay. But for the installation I needed to download a newer glibc library from mandrake an another library from oracle itself.

Now on Mandrake 8.2 the OUI runs without any update. But I got errormessages during installation (missing make utility on /usr/bin). Perhaps because I wanted to install aklso the starterdatabase. I remember that this was not recommended and the oracle download was necessary. If I ignore this message Oracle is not installed correct and it comes to the error message 3114.

Does I still need the oracle download?

Thank you very much for any suggestions.

Regards
Nicolas Received on Sun May 19 2002 - 04:57:20 CDT