Re: Backup database

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sat, 18 May 2002 19:17:29 +0200

"John M." <sas_at_sas> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> how can I generate an sql script, which build my database with all table
at
> nay time without data. I want to save my database structure from the
> existing database.
>
> Sorry, but I didn't find a better place to ask this. Is there any sql
> newsgroup for newbies?
>
> Thanks!
> John.

Oracle has export for this purpose. You can use export with ROWS=N, and it will dump all object definitions.

There is no newsgroup for newbies.
Questions with respect to everything that comes with the Server software belongs to the .server group, those pertinents to Designer/Developer in .tools, and questions with respect to third party products in .misc. Most people posting simply ignore this distinction and cross- and/or multipost all their messages in all three groups. Which just keeps the people responding busy, especially for multiposted messages as you don't see the responses the question already got.

Please also never assume we know your version and your platform.

Regards

--
Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA