Re: Help on using host in sqlplus.

From: Matt <shrekreturn_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 17 May 2002 10:16:29 -0700

Thanks for your reply.

I knew put them in one line will work. However, it was not what I was looking for. The command after host can be very long. Puting them in one line will make the script look awkward. And it is generated by another script. If I have to put them in one line, I have make a lot of changes on that script.

The reason I suspect there must be a way to work around this is that the script I was testing is from Michael Ault's Oracle8i Administration and Management. If I can not use host in multiple lines, many of the scripts in that Book become useless. That's weird.

Thanks. Received on Fri May 17 2002 - 12:16:29 CDT