Re: Reducing redolog switch frequence

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 23:25:54 +0200

"Rick Denoire" <100.17706_at_germanynet.de> wrote in message news:1bn5euogqkfamql511lfe5371gc4vr49fo_at_4ax.com...
> Knut Talman <knut.talman_at_mytoys.de> wrote:
>

> >> If one knows beforehand that some tables won't be changed during the
> >> long running operation, would it be possible to set them readonly for
> >> that particular session? There is the nologging option, but it is not
> >> applicable to DML transactions.
> >
> >If you can put the r/o tables in a different tablespace (or the r/w
tables) you
> >can switch the tablespace to read only.
>
> Can that be done by the running transaction or at least on a per
> session basis?
>
> Rick

If every session gets it's own tablespace, yes. However, it looks like you simply don't understand a tablespace is a *database wide* object, so you can't change the attributes of it on a per session basis, a change would apply to any session. Sounds logical, doesn't it
You're symptom fighting.

Regards

--
Sybrand Bakker