Supress Display of Oracle Error Messages in SQL*PLus

From: Mark PAtterson <m_patte_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 16 May 2002 06:47:50 -0700

Hi,

is it possible to stop Oracle error messages such as "ORA-00942: table or view does not exist" from appearing on the SQL*Plus screen or spooling to a file? I.e. is there a setting for error messages similar to setting feedback off and/or verify off?

Placing the sql inside a PL/SQL block is not an option. Basically I have many numerous large scripts for installing the database components of a product. As with good practise I execute a "drop" statement before every "create" statement but I'd like not to display error messages resulting from the "drop" statement when the object in question does not already exist (i.e. first time the installer is run).

Is there an easy option/setting?

Thanks,
Mark. Received on Thu May 16 2002 - 08:47:50 CDT