delete file from PL/SQL

From: famuz <famuz_at_email.com>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 11:05:08 +0200

Hello,

I have a fairly simple problem, or at least that's what I thought initially. I'm running Oracle 8.1.6 on Windows NT. I'm reading an ASCII file from the UTL_DIR and when I'm done reading, I would like to delete the file. The only way I've found to work so far is to use the dbms_backup_restore.deletefile procedure. The drawback is that the full file path is needed. The file itself always has the same file name.

I've been using Google Groups to search newsgroups for answers and/or examples, to no avail. I've seen things such as pipes and external procedures mentioned, but I still don't know how any of these can be of use.

What would be the best way to solve this problem?

Greetings,

Toine Beijers Received on Thu May 16 2002 - 04:05:08 CDT