problem of Import DB with nested tables

From: C Chang <cschang_at_maxinter.net>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 23:06:35 -0400

This continues the same problem from of my other post using the Indexes=N in IMP. Although I have follwed the little suggestion form the Oracle document and the reply of other day using the contraint=n indexes=n, the 300MB DB still took about 3 hours to finish. I have noticed most of the time was spent on to importing the tables which have the nest table. In my DB, there are 5 tables have that kind of structure, basicaly they are audit tables that store the change of records from other tables with a nested talbe called audit_info( user, auditmode, timestamp) as a column. They are roughly about 2M rows. For they, it took about 1 and half hours. From references I got ( including from AskTom.com), I even export the table without the indexes and contrain, but the time still costed the same. I hesitated to use Tom's suggestion by import table by table. Anything else I need to look into to speed up the import? By the way, I have 8.1.6 on NT 4. with 526M memeory. Yes, there is another DB service running, but I stop that during the import, does not help.
Your suggestions are very apprecited.

C Chang Received on Wed May 15 2002 - 22:06:35 CDT