Can SQL*Loader read standard input?

From: Patrick L. Nolan <pln_at_cosmic.stanford.edu>
Date: 15 May 2002 23:14:38 GMT

I have been experimenting with SQL*Loader (Oracle 9i) on Linux. So far I have stuck to having it read real files of data. Is there some way I can make it read from standard input, so I could pipe a stream of data into it?

I know I can use Pro*C to accomplish the same thing, putting SQL statements into the application that creates the data stream. However, SQL*Loader in direct mode seems to be much faster.

--

* Patrick L. Nolan *
* W. W. Hansen Experimental Physics Laboratory (HEPL) *