Re: pb with oracle 8i 100% CPU

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 23:23:30 +0200

"Fabien & Florence" <info_at_alimentation-france.com> wrote in message news:abueut$eoh$1_at_wanadoo.fr...
> It is oracle.exe that takes 100% CPU
>
> "Fabien & Florence" <info_at_alimentation-france.com> a écrit dans le message
> de news: abueo6$qrt$1_at_wanadoo.fr...
> > I have two servers : one for websphere & Instranet and the second for
> oracle
> > 8i.
> > config for both : PIII 1Ghz / 1GoRam - RAID 5 for Oracle 8i and RAID 0
for
> > Websphere
> >
> > When i make only one transaction (publish or save a document) it make 1
> > minutes to do and it takes 100% CPU ?
> >
> > What wrong ? What can i do ?
> >
> > Thanks a lot !

Patient : Doctor, I have pain!
Doctor : Where do you have pain?
Patient : I don't know

This is probably a correct abstract. The difference is the doctor actually sees his patient, while we must apply our crystall balls in order to resolve your problem.
Don't you think your riddle requires more clues? If you don't know anything about Oracle (which your post seems to indicate) you would be better off hiring a consultant.

Regards

--
Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA