Suitable backup method for me ?

From: Dino Ming <dinoming_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 10:27:50 +0800

Dear All,

  Can somebody help me to carify which backup method is best for me. ?

  I've 1 RS/6000 loaded AIX4.3.3, and which is running an Oracle 8.1.7.2 + 9iAS. We've 2 newly created tablespaces for our data. And it is running under NON-ARCHIVELOG mode..

  The box is not too critical, as it can shutdown at night.

  Currently, I'm using the exp approach to dump these Tablespaces to a file. And back it up into Tape every night.

  One of my friend told me that using the exp approach to backup the oracle is not suitable for me. So, I'm now confusing... and start to find/gather information on using RMAN.

  Please share your experience with me.

Rgds,
Dino Received on Tue May 14 2002 - 21:27:50 CDT