Re: Under Oracle 9, is there a guarantee of at least 1 temp TS ?

From: Richard Kuhler <noone_at_nowhere.com>
Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 21:59:15 GMT

It's not random. A default was setup when the database was created. If you don't specify a default then it does indeed default to 'SYSTEM'. You can change the default with 'ALTER TABLESPACE DEFAULT TEMPORARY TABLESPACE <tablespace_name>'

http://otn.oracle.com/docs/products/oracle9i/doc_library/901_doc/server.901/a90117/create.htm#1020107

Richard