Reducing redolog switch frequence

From: <100.17706_at_germanynet.de>
Date: 14 May 2002 14:55:52 GMT

Hello

We use a data warehouse application (PL/SQL) and produce over 100 redo log files 10 MB in size each per hour. In the init parameter file, we have log_buffer = 20979712.

What can I do to try to reduce the redo log switch frequence to a healthy value of about one per half an hour?

Because this application runs very slow, we assume that harddisk I/O due to redo log operations could be a bottleneck.

How can I improve performance by somehow tuning parameters related to the redo log files?

The same question would apply to parameters related to rollback segments, I guess.

ANY suggestion will be welcome!

Thanks
Rick