Getting trigger value after insert

From: Bryon Lape <aintnoway_at_noway.com>
Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 00:59:38 GMT

I have an ATG Dynamo 4.5 app running on top of Oracle 8i. I have a trigger that gets the next number of a sequence and puts the value in an id column upon row insert (no autogenerated ids in 8i as far as I can find). I would really like to get the id that was used in the sequence after the insert. The only column guaranteed to be unique is the id. Can either Oracle or Dynamo return this value? Received on Mon May 13 2002 - 19:59:38 CDT