Re: Connecting to Oracle db question

From: Jon Bigg <jbigg_at_nospam.com>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 08:48:40 -0400

Nope. We connect using a Microsoft ODBC driver for Oracle. I'm pretty sure it's only SQLNet components but I'm not sure exactly what SQLNet is comprised of. All I'm sure of is that once these components are installed we just add the alias name to the tnsnames.ora file and then add a DSN connection to that alias via the ODBC datasources interface in WindowsNT and Win2K.