VARCHAR2: compare problem

From: Alexander Lang <lang_at_mueritz-comp.de>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 11:54:36 +0200

Hi NG,

I use Oracle 8i.
I have a table with a field of type VARCHAR2(8), say A.

When I use the query SELECT * FROM table WHERE A <> 'foo' I get a lot of records.
The contents of field A is not NULL and not empty ('').

When I try the query SELECT * FROM table WHERE A <> '' I get no records. But there are many records where A is not empty.

Can anyone please help me?

Thanks,
Alexander Lang Received on Mon May 13 2002 - 04:54:36 CDT