Re: Oracle 9iAS portals

From: iggy <iggy_at_xpoorme.net>
Date: Sun, 12 May 2002 17:56:27 GMT

Sybrand Bakker wrote:

> On Sun, 12 May 2002 12:05:17 GMT, iggy <iggy_at_xpoorme.net> wrote:
>

>>I was successful at installing Oracle 9i Portals in the past but have
>>not been able to install it on other systems. I believe it is a
>>listener.ora, tnsnames.ora or some script that runs and ruins my paths
>>set during pre-installation.
>>
>>-kernel params are good
>>-tablespaces are good
>>-listener and DB are reachable
>>-all other configs and suggestions per Oracle manual have been followed
>> ie jdk, seperate oracle homes, etc
>>
>>After install and during the config assistant for portals I get this log
>> that causes it to fail:
>>(what gets me is I am connected for the other 13 steps and the first
>>install action within "STEP 14")
>>
>>-first I show $ORACLE_HOME/assistants/opca/install.log
>>
>>-second I show the sqlnet.log file given that shows the problem
>> Here is where I don't understand where the config assistant is
>>getting conect string parameters.
>>

>>$ORACLE_HOME/assistants/opca/install.log
>>-------------
>>STEP 14 : Installing seed data for all layers
>>
>>INSTALL_ACTION: installSeedData() : ../../bin/sqlplus
>>portal30/portal30@(DESCRIP
>>TION=(ADDRESS_LIST=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=TORRO)(PORT=1521)))(CONNECT_DATA
>>=(SID=orcl))) @../../portal30/admin/plsql/wwc/wwcinsd.sql portal30
>>USERS TEMP wwcinsd.log USERS USERS portal30_NULL portal30_sso portal30_DEMO
>>
>>INSTALL_ACTION:installSeedData() :../../bin/sqlplus
>>portal30/portal30@(DESCRIPTI
>>ON=(ADDRESS_LIST=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=TORRO)(PORT=1521)))(CONNECT_DATA=(
>>SID=orcl))) @../../portal30/admin/plsql/wwv/wwvinsd.sql portal30 USERS
>>TEMP wwvinsd.log USERS USERS portal30_NULL portal30_sso portal30_DEMO
>>
>>ORA-03114: not connected to ORACLE
>>
>>Errors encountered in the Install process. Installation Aborted.
>>
>>-----------------
>>

>>$ORACLE_HOME/assistants/opca/sqlnet.log
>>***********************************************************************
>>
>>Fatal NI connect error 12545, connecting to:
>>
>>(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=beq)(PROGRAM=/db/u01/app/oracle/product/O9iASpo
>>rtal/bin/oracle)(ARGV0=oracleorcl)(ARGS='(DESCRIPTION=(LOCAL=YES)(ADDRESS=(PROTO
>>COL=beq)))')(DETACH=NO))(CONNECT_DATA=(CID=(PROGRAM=)(HOST=torro)(USER=oracle)))
>>)
>>

>> VERSION INFORMATION:
>> TNS for Linux: Version 8.1.7.0.0 - Development
>> Oracle Bequeath NT Protocol Adapter for Linux: Version
>>8.1.7.0.0 - Devel
>> TCP/IP NT Protocol Adapter for Linux: Version 8.1.7.0.0 -
>>Production
>> Time: 11-MAY-2002 05:46:27
>> Tracing not turned on.
>> Tns error struct:
>> nr err code: 0
>> ns main err code: 12545
>> TNS-12545: Connect failed because target host or object does not exist
>> ns secondary err code: 12560
>> nt main err code: 515
> [...]

Thanks. What gets me is it is connecting fine for the previous 12 installl action steps and the sql loader function in step 13 and the first install action of step 14 then it can no longer connect. When I cancel out and re-check if I can connect with sqlplus it works fine.

I'm not sure what I should check into next; perhaps session privs? Is there a direction you would suggest?

iggy Received on Sun May 12 2002 - 12:56:27 CDT