Re: Oracle 11i ERP question on invoice notes...

From: Philip Chee <philip_at_aleytys.pc.my>
Date: Sat, 11 May 2002 20:29:11 GMT

In article <95a2391e.0205080858.1cc5f5fd_at_posting.google.com> dave.schultz_at_paxar.com writes:

>We supply tags and labels to garment manufacturers. We would like to
>set a generic part number for a base roll stock, and individual part
>numbers for each customer ticket type. Lets say the ticket type is a
>1 inch by 1.5 inch price ticket for pants. Our customer might order
>600 tickets for size 30x30 500 for size 32x32, 300 for size 38x30 etc…
>On each ticket we print the size information, pricing, etc. On the
>invoice the customer wants to see each individual line for each size
>so for the example above there should be 3 lines on the invoice. If
>the items were short shipped and we only produced 400 tickets for
>30x30 we need this visibility to show on the invoice. In our old
>system we had a note field for each invoice line that we used to put
>in the size information… the item number (part number) was still the
>same because it still was a 1 inch by 1.5 inch price ticket. In
>Oracke 11i we can attach something like a word doc with the invoice,
>but we do not seem to have the ability to have a note or memo field
>that can be used to identify each individual size (line item).

Silly Question: What's preventing you from using the built in out-of-the-box flexfield function to provide a note/memo field at the line level? (You *did* read the manual didn't you?)

Philip

 Philip Chee: Tasek Corporation Berhad, P.O.Box 254, 30908 Ipoh, MALAYSIA   e-mail: philip_at_aleytys.pc.my Voice:+60.5.291.1011 Fax:+60.5.291.9932    Guard us from the she-wolf and the wolf, and guard us from the thief,
... You're not worthless. You can always serve as a bad example.
--
 * 20413.57 *