Help me get some sleep.- Transaction spikes driving me nuts; any soln.?

From: Alex <atenyi_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 8 May 2002 17:31:16 -0700

I'm running an internal system that gets slammed (about about 1,000,000 transactions - no kidding ) at very unpredictable times.

Typically, we ran out of drive arrays and times lack enough personell to swap out the drives in time.

We have tried to follow trends, and prepare extra drives & bodies but once in a while we get suprised by spikes with catastrophic results. Regardless of how many arrays we prepare, we still get hit that one time.

Is there a system or device that can detect a full drive, & switch to another drive automatically (or load another drive Array) without human intervention?

Do you know of any companies that would have such a device?

Is there any other feasible solution?

Thanks in advance for all the help,
losing sleep,
Alex. Received on Wed May 08 2002 - 19:31:16 CDT