Oracle 11i ERP question on invoice notes...

From: David L. Schultz <dave.schultz_at_paxar.com>
Date: 8 May 2002 09:58:17 -0700

Please accept my apologies if this is not the proper forum to post this question… If there is a more appropriate place please let me know…

The company I work for recently installed Oracle 11i and we are having difficulty generating an acceptable invoice (or packing slip) for some of our customers. I will try to explain what we used to do... I hope you might be able to explain if something similar can be set up in Oracle.

We supply tags and labels to garment manufacturers. We would like to set a generic part number for a base roll stock, and individual part numbers for each customer ticket type. Lets say the ticket type is a 1 inch by 1.5 inch price ticket for pants. Our customer might order 600 tickets for size 30x30 500 for size 32x32, 300 for size 38x30 etc… On each ticket we print the size information, pricing, etc. On the invoice the customer wants to see each individual line for each size so for the example above there should be 3 lines on the invoice. If the items were short shipped and we only produced 400 tickets for 30x30 we need this visibility to show on the invoice. In our old system we had a note field for each invoice line that we used to put in the size information… the item number (part number) was still the same because it still was a 1 inch by 1.5 inch price ticket. In Oracke 11i we can attach something like a word doc with the invoice, but we do not seem to have the ability to have a note or memo field that can be used to identify each individual size (line item). We do not want to take each individual size a unique part number in Oracle (you can see how our part numbers would grow exponentially plus the added work for bill of material, routing, etc)… I hope this makes sense what we are trying to do… any suggestions on how to accomplish this within Oracle? Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated. If you need clarification, please call me at 570-888-6641 x 3143 or I am always online at AOL IM DS8884474, or e-mail dave.Schultz_at_paxar.com… Received on Wed May 08 2002 - 11:58:17 CDT