How do I use Oracle bind variables using ADO in Visual Basic?

From: Bob Burgess <burgess_at_sympatico.ca>
Date: 8 May 2002 08:27:42 -0700

We are using VB through ADO & OLEDB with Oracle 8i. Right now, we're just sending hard-coded SQLs (ie. SELECT x FROM y WHERE z = 5) to the Execute method of the ADODB Connection object and getting the results from the Recordset object.
We'd MUCH rather use bind variables in cases like this.

I'd rather not rewrite the database layer to use OO4O, if at all possible. If there a way to use bind variables (ie. SELECT x FROM y WHERE z = :v) in ADO?

Thanks for any input.

Bob Burgess
Montreal, Canada Received on Wed May 08 2002 - 10:27:42 CDT