login Oracle 9i got Ora-01041 error on Window 2000 Advanced Server

From: KENNY L. CHEN <kenny_60559_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 7 May 2002 22:55:33 -0700

Dear Oracle experts,

I login as local Administrator to install Oracle 9i on Windows 2000 SP2 Advanced Server (a memeber server). The installation is fine. I can also connect to Oracle 9i with following commands:

sqlplus "/ as sysdba"
sqlplus "sys/change_on_install as sysdba"

After installation, I add my domain account in both Administrators and ORA_DBA group. Then I login this server with my domain account and executed the same
commands as shown above, the error message "ORA-01041 internal error. hostdef extension doesn't exist" occured and I CAN'T log in the Oracle 9i Database.

What I want is to manage the Oracle 9i database on this machince with my domain account. Did I miss something or Did I do wrong ???

Any idea ??

Ken Received on Wed May 08 2002 - 00:55:33 CDT