OraOLEDB Supported Interfaces

From: <apitt_at_myportal.cx>
Date: 7 May 2002 19:00:20 GMT

We have created an OLE DB application in Visual C++ using the OLEDB consumer templates (specifically CDynamicParameterAccessor, CCommand, etc.) from Microsoft. The database has LOB fields that are implemented in Oracle tables in the form of "long raw" data types. We have hooked this application up to Oracle using the Microsoft OLE DB provider for Oracle and was able to successfully run all the application functionality, but the speed at which it inserts data into the database is anemic.

We then tried to use the Oracle Provider for OLEDB and are unable to run the application because there appear to be interfaces that have been put in place by the consumer templates that don't mesh with the OraOLEDB.Oracle provider. Does anyone know where there exists a list of known problems with Microsoft's OLEDB consumer templates when used with the OraOLEDB provider.