OEM SQL History questions

From: Russ Brooks <russ.brooks_at_dayzim.com>
Date: 6 May 2002 08:52:28 -0700

Hi,
 My questions are about the SQL History feature. 1. Are most people just collecting the top 25 SQL or pulling the entire SQL cache? I'm assuming that the size required to store the SQL History will eventually become an issue. 2. Are people getting valuable information from stored history, such as how frequently and with what index a particular table is being accessed or is that kind of thing beyond the capabilities of this SQL history?
3. If you do several collects with the merge option and have the same statement(s) in the cache, does the merge realize that it is the same statement with a few more executions or does it store it as a seperate statement?

Thanks,
Russ Received on Mon May 06 2002 - 10:52:28 CDT