Re: Missing analytic functions in 8i Personal Ed. for Win98 ???

From: FC <flavio_at_tin.it>
Date: Sun, 05 May 2002 10:08:53 GMT

Does that mean that "somewhere" in the outer space, "someone" wrote that this specific function isn't available ? I mean, there is no trace whatsoever in any of the accompanying manuals of such limitation, unless I overlooked it of course, in that case I would be extremely glad to anybody who shows me where it is located. If I check the SQL Reference manual for version 8.1.5, there is no mention of analytic functions as they have been introduced as of 8.1.7, right? Now, since I installed version 8.1.7 P.E. I'd expect these functions to be there.
And it seems very odd to me that Personal Edition differs from Standard because of the absence of analytic functions or, alternatively, I'd expect Oracle to point it out very clearly in the Release Notes.

Thanks,
Flavio