Re: How to delay the execution of an SQL statement?

From: FC <flavio_at_tin.it>
Date: Sat, 04 May 2002 12:24:40 GMT

Just to let you know that dbms_lock.sleep was exactly what I needed. To give you an idea of the improvement, prior to using sleep the server was looping recklessly, consuming more than 50% of CPU time, now is throttling at 2% or less and my test app works just great.

Thanx!
Flavio

PS: BTW, did anyone notice how some people pop in here, ask and then vanish for ever without even let you know if the suggestion worked or not ? I mean, they could at least say good bye... Received on Sat May 04 2002 - 07:24:40 CDT