Re: Fifty years' experience in C programming; 20 in VB...

From: Christopher Browne <cbbrowne_at_acm.org>
Date: Fri, 03 May 2002 23:28:46 -0400

"aztek" <rachel7GET9RID_at_dodo.OFcom.THISau> wrote:

> "RJE" <rjeimer_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message

>> Could be worse - I saw one last week asking for a "senior developer" that
>> only listed ONE required skill.
>>
>> "Req. exp: 15+ years programming in Java".
>>
>> What's wrong with this picture.
>>

> LOL - obviously from a recruitment agent / head hunter that has no idea!

Some years ago, I remember seeing a "4 years NeXTStep programming" requirement, roughly six months after it had been released.

Nothing changes, not even in areas involving particularly specialized technical skills where one might be so stupid as to consider that "They might need to be a LITTLE rational about this..."

--
(concatenate 'string "chris" "@cbbrowne.com")
http://www.cbbrowne.com/info/sgml.html