pl/SQL question

From: tony <ttigger4321_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 03 May 2002 18:51:20 GMT

Java allows a technique known as method overloading. This is where you have 2 (or more) methods by the same name but with different parameter signatures. Depending on what parameter list is passed the method with the matching signature is invoked.

It seems that I can do the same thing in pl/sql with procedures. The specification includes the following:

PROCEDURE tbl_add;
PROCEDURE tbl_add (v_action VARCHAR2,newcode VARCHAR2,newdesc VARCHAR2); Everything appears to work fine but I can't find supporting documentation so I'm not sure if this is a good thing to do. It could save us a pile of work.

Any comments are welcome.
cheers,
tony
494-1021 w
461-4550 h Received on Fri May 03 2002 - 13:51:20 CDT