Re: Quick XML Question

From: Chris Weiss <chris_at_hpdbe.com>
Date: Fri, 3 May 2002 12:29:39 -0400

It depends on how you would like the data stored. If you are simply looking to store the XML document as a chunk, then you can load the data into a clob. If you wish to load the data into a relational model, then you don't necessarily need to add any tools to Oracle, but you will need an application layer to act as interface between the XML and the underlying relational model.

You can use Java as an interface to load XML into Oracle, and there are plenty of good widgets out on the net. However, you can use Perl, C, C++, VB and anything else that can handle a protocol for ending and receiving XML messages. The SOAP libraries are fairly popular.

Technet has five different tool kits for moving XML in and out of Oracle:

http://technet.oracle.com/software/content.html

The sample code library contains sever samples you can use to get started with:

http://technet.oracle.com/sample_code/content.html

Good Luck!

--
Chris Weiss