Re: O9iAS Portals install

From: iggy <iggy_at_xpoorme.net>
Date: Thu, 02 May 2002 21:54:55 GMT

thanks for the reply answers below

gduvak_at_comcast.net wrote:

> It appears the Database is not available. Did you verify the connection to > orcl is valid ?

Yes it is in fact the install connects for the other 13 steps, adds portal30, portal30_public, portal30_sso, and portal30_sso_public.

oracle_at_torro:~> sqlplus sys/mypasswd_at_orcl

SQL*Plus: Release 8.1.7.0.0 - Production on Thu May 2 15:47:04 2002

(c) Copyright 2000 Oracle Corporation. All rights reserved.

Connected to:
Oracle8i Enterprise Edition Release 8.1.7.0.1 - Production With the Partitioning option
JServer Release 8.1.7.0.1 - Production

SQL> > Look at the kernel params shmseg, semmns, and maxuprc between the two > servers.

/proc/sys/kernel # less sem
250 32000 100 256

/proc/sys/kernel # less shmmax
4294967295

I don't see shmseg, semmns, and maxuprc in my /proc/sys/kernel/ dir I do have the others though. (above)

> Check Filesystem space is adequate for the data files(System Tablespace).

Here is what I have for my tablespaces. In some documentation it asks for at least 150 for users and 100 for system. I believe I meet the requirements here:

TABLESPACE_NAME                      MEGS
DRSYS                          15.8671875
INDX                           19.984375
RBS                            321.976563
SYSTEM                         476.570313
TEMP                           19.976563
TOOLS                          9.984375
USERS                          384.234375

I just need a help to find what area to look at. I feel I have adjusted just about everything but always get stuck at "install action: seed data" error.

any help appreciated