Re: How to get Oracle to an Index without hints?

From: Joerg Jost <jjost_at_nikocity.de>
Date: Thu, 02 May 2002 21:08:55 +0200

Niall Litchfield wrote:

> This of course is the number one problem with SQL generators.
>
> What you *may* be able to do is to create a stored outline for the query
> and then your query should use the plan in the stored outline. This is 8i
> and up I believe.
>

> --
> Niall Litchfield
> Oracle DBA
> Audit Commission UK
> Please include version and platform
> and SQL where applicable
> It makes life easier and increases the
> likelihood of a good answer

Hello Niall,

sorry for my fault, the Oracle version is 7.3.4 under the OS SCO Open Server 5.05. And this OS donīt support any higher version of Oracle.A change of the OS is not really an opportunity now, because our customer wonīt invest so much money :-)
Thx a lot for your help
Joerg Jost Received on Thu May 02 2002 - 14:08:55 CDT