Re: Oracle Case Insensitivity...

From: TurkBear <jgreco1_at_mn.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 02 May 2002 11:05:04 -0500

The definition of 'literal' means EXACTLY , so Memphis and MEMPHIS and Memphis are all different values ..

The only way to do what you want is to force the data to be stored in a pre-determined format ( either by a edit control on a form, or a trigger, or some other pre or post insert method) - that way the where clause can be in the format of the data since it will be known..

   http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! -----= Over 100,000 Newsgroups - Ulimited Fast Downloads - 19 Servers =----- Received on Thu May 02 2002 - 11:05:04 CDT