Calling perl from Oracle PL/SQL

From: Christopher Boyle <cboyle_at_hargray.dot.com>
Date: Wed, 1 May 2002 16:30:35 -0400

Is there a way to call perl modules from within an Oracle PL/SQL procedure? I have no problem calling a PL?SQL procedure from perl and I can call a host command from SQLPlus or from within oracle Forms but PL/SQL does not have a host command. My intent is to call the perl code from a trigger and use the response to update a table. I vaguely remember reading somewhere that i could wrap the perl code in java but I havn't a clue how to accomplish that. I have tried RTFM but i can't seem to identify the right FM. Thanks for any help,

Chris Received on Wed May 01 2002 - 15:30:35 CDT