Re: Install 8.1.7

From: Daniel Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Wed, 01 May 2002 19:12:18 GMT

David Wright wrote:

> Anyone know why 8i Enterprise Edition 8.1.5 installs fine but 8.1.7 doesn't,
> on my Win2k PC? It installs fine on our Win2K server, a Win 98 machine, and
> an XP machine.
>
> Puzzling, to say the least.

Well gee ... I wonder what it doesn't do perfectly?

Does it throw an operating system error? Does it throw an ORA-##### error?
Does it not build the sample database?
Does it not create the Control Panel services? Does it low level format the hard disk?
Does it BSOD?

Perhaps each of us here should make a guess?

Then we could tally them up, sell squares on a board, and see who got it right.

I guess the CD jumped out of the coffee mug holder and flew across the room.

(what would be truly puzzling would be if you didn't expect to get an answer like this one after posting almost no information)

Daniel Morgan Received on Wed May 01 2002 - 14:12:18 CDT