Re: Developer's license available for Oracle?

From: Victor Glass <vglass_at_skyweb.net>
Date: Wed, 01 May 2002 14:54:18 GMT

James Lavery wrote:

>Hi,
>We've got a product which currently uses Access to store data, but
>need to scale up to storing in Oracle, for a particular customer. (I
>don't currently know what version of Oracle the customer is running)
>
>We don't have an Oracle installation at the moment, and I'm trying to
>find out whether there's a 'developer' license available for Oracle
>which we can buy, at a lesser cost to the normal license, for testing
>purposes. Being a small software house, I'm a bit put off by the
>£10,000 price tag for the standard edition!
>
>What's the story? I've looked on the Oracle website, but can't find
>anything there...
>
>Thanks,
>
>James

Oracle offers a full featured demo version of Oracle9i Release 1 (9.0.1) CD Pack for Linux Intel. The price is 49 USD and it is a time limited license, 30 days. I preserve it can be re-installed after the 30 days is up for another 30 days.

I've purchased this and I am in the process of installing it. My setup is a Dell Dimension XPS T500 with 512 MB ram and 90 GB hard disk. The Oracle software alone takes up 3GB, and they recommend at least 512 MB of ram. The OS I'm using is Red Hat 7.1, which basically costs almost nothing.

On the back of the CD Pack they've printed: Worldwide inquiries: Phone +1 650 506 7000.

Good luck!

Vic Received on Wed May 01 2002 - 09:54:18 CDT