Donate Your Bookmarks To Science (AIS)

From: Uwe Aickelin <research_at_bookmark.ac>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 21:26:41 GMT

DONATE YOUR BOOKMARKS TO SCIENCE AND WIN CASH For full details go to http://www.bookmark.ac

Artificial Immune Systems (AIS) are a new paradigm modelled after the 'real' thing. We believe that they could be developed into an extremelypowerful tool to extract information from a database. In order to confirm this conjecture, we decided to experiment with the task of extracting useful information from a database of Internet addresses. Will an AIS be able to recommend sites of interest to the user? Can it match 'antigen' users with an 'antibody' database?

To do this research we ask for your help. We would like you to email us the set of website addresses (URLs) contained in your favourites or bookmark file. Please be assured that we will keep NO PERSONAL DETAILS once we have received the email. We will simply copy the bookmarks into a database and delete the email so we will not be able to contact you in relation to your bookmarks, nor will we have any way of matching up the list of bookmarks with you.

Please send your files to the following address, which you can also use to ask us any questions you might have or if you are simply curious about our research:

Research_at_bookmark.ac

We estimate that we need about 1000 people's lists to make the research viable and so we would really appreciate it if you can help us. So far we have collected 520. If you would like details of the results of the research once it is finished then please indicate. If you agree, we will keep all these email addresses separately to enter them into a draw for two 15 Pound tokens and so that we can send the research details.

Thank you very much.

Dr Uwe Aickelin & Tom Morrison

Faculty of Computing, Engineering and Mathematics, UWE, Bristol, UK. Received on Tue Apr 30 2002 - 16:26:41 CDT