Pro*C/C++ connection sharing

From: TM <post.replies_at_original.group.thanks>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 11:52:34 +0100

Hi,

I want to pass a connection to a database to an API that I'm writing. The calling program will make the connection, use it for queries and pass it into my API for my functions to use when they are called. These functions will be called frequently so I don't want to make a new connection each time.

I've checked the documentation and it looks like I should be using a context to pass into the API.

Does this seem correct?
Is there a better way of acheiving this behaviour? Are there any issues I should be aware of?

Thanks in advance,

TM

--
This post represents the views of the author and does not necessarily
accurately represent the views of BT.