Re: Database point-in-time recovery: no errors during recobvery and no changes visible

From: Chris Weiss <nomail_at_nospam.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2002 19:50:35 -0400

Try the following:

*)  Down your database and perform a cold back up.
*)  Start your database in archive log mode.
*)  Modify your data
*)  Force a log switch
*)  Down your database
*)  Restore the old files
*)  Restore to point in time.

Point time recovery means nothing unless you restore from old files. You can only recover forward from your last cold backup. If the data files are current, you cannot restore back to a point in time. It only works rolling forward.

Good Luck!

--

Chris Weiss