ORA-06502: PL/SQL: numeric or value error: number precision too large

From: Tim Shapcott <t.j.shapcott_at_NOSPAMcs.cf.ac.uk>
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2002 05:13:38 GMT

Please help me, this is urgent! I have a project deadline in a couple of days, and I've now got this error and I don't know what to do about it.

I foolishly created a sequence that had a max value of 99, and I ran out of values and had to change the maxvalue. I did this using ALTER SEQUENCE. The sequence is called by a trigger for use as a primary key in a table, and now when the trigger is called I get the following:

ORA-06502: PL/SQL: numeric or value error: number precision too large
ORA-06512: at "SCM1TJS.TRG_ITEM_TYPE_ID", line 2
ORA-04088: error during execution of trigger
'SCM1TJS.TRG_ITEM_TYPE_ID' I have tried dropping the sequence, dropping the trigger and recreating them, but it doesn't work.

Please help, I'm desparate!

TIA, Tim. Received on Sat Apr 27 2002 - 00:13:38 CDT